Typhoid fever or simply typhoid is also called enteric fever. Basically it is a disease of the abdomen, which also affects the liver and spleen.
Typhoid is one of the many diseases that are caused by use of contaminated food and drinks. The bacteria also spreads through utensils washed with contaminated water. It is a contagious disease and is potentially life-threatening. It may occur alongside some other diseases including Dengue fever in which case it becomes more alarming.
Commonly observed symptoms are:
- Continued fever, which may be low but can rise up to 40 degrees Celsius (104 degrees Fahrenheit) and also fluctuate.
- Loss of appetite or poor appetite
- Diarrhea or constipation. Diarrhea in most cases, constipation in some cases
- Rash on the body
- Abdominal pain particularly in the liver area
- Feeling of general weakness
- In the advanced stage bleeding in intestines may occur.
In most cases, typhoid fever is not fatal but if it remains untreated for a time or is handled badly, it can become fatal. In the advanced stage, intestinal perforation and hemorrhage can occur, which become difficult to treat. Such condition can frequently cause death.
Prevention of Typhoid Fever
- Since typhoid spreads mainly through use of contaminated food and drinks, it is important to maintain good hygiene and sanitation.
- Always wash your hands before eating and after defecation. Even if you live in clean environments, this aspect of hygiene should never be ignored.
- Avoid eating from unclean places.
- If you happen to live in or visit a high risk area, have yourself vaccinated for protection against typhoid.
Homeopathic Treatment for Typhoid
Typhoid fever is curable through different medical systems including homeopathy, herbal and allopathic systems. As soon as you feel the symptoms, go for medical examination and have the treatment started promptly. It is much easier to treat typhoid in its early stages.
Modern medical system treats typhoid fever through a long course of antibiotics taking for several weeks. Homeopathy has many medicines to treat different conditions of typhoid that include Arsenicum Album, Baptisia, Muriaticum Acidum, Rhus Toxicodendron, Hyoscyamus etc. Homeopathic treatment is usually very effective and prompt in treating typhoid fever. We have successfully treated several cases of typhoid at our clinic. Majority got cured in about a week. Only few took a bit longer.