With the onslaught of Dengue Fever, looking for remedies for protection and treatment is quite natural. Information on cause and symptoms is undoubtedly useful but that is not enough. People need to know the remedies that can protect them and treatment that can cure them. There are many suggestions floating around. Now the cause and symptoms of Dengue Fever are commonly known but who are more prone to dengue infection is not commonly known.
Our observation is that everyone is not equally prone to dengue fever. Those with weaker health and those who have disturbed their constitutions through too frequent use of cold drinks, ice cream, plain rice, junk food and similar other food stuff weakening their vital force are more prone than others. Such are the constitutions readily affected by dengue while other constitutions and those with stronger vital force are less affected.
General Protective Measures
The first thing to do is to keep your house clean and:
- Keep the house clean of mosquitoes. Use pesticide as frequently as required.
- Wear full clothing to protect the body.
- Use mosquito repellent.
- Do not let the water pond up and stagnate so that the mosquito does not find breading place.
Protection against Dengue infection is not difficult or complicated. It can be done through not only homeopathic remedies but also through simple home remedies. There are many home remedies that can provide some immunity against Dengue Fever. Following is one of the suggestions:
Regular Use Of Onion Soaked In Vinegar
This home remedy gives effective protection against many types of fevers including dengue.
Method of use:
- Cut fresh onion in to small pieces and put them in a wide-mouthed jar (or any other suitable glass container). Mouth of the jar should be wide enough to allow use of a fork or spoon.
- Fill the jar with vinegar sufficient to completely cover all the onion pieces.
- Keep it for a day to allow time to vinegar to seep in to the onion pieces. It is ready for use. You can start using it even immediately.
- Use few pieces with lunch or dinner or both everyday till the dangerous season is over.
- Store it in a refrigerator.
- When required, refill the jar with onion pieces in the same way in the same left over vinegar. More vinegar may be added when its level drops. You need not use fresh vinegar every time you refill the jar.
Use it in fever season to protect yourself.
While this remedy can give some immunity but is not the treatment for Dengue Fever. If someone is already infected, the treatment would need a different combination and proper treatment.