Typhoid Fever: Prevention and Treatment
Prevention of Typhoid Fever
- Since typhoid spreads mainly through use of contaminated food and drinks, it is important to maintain good hygiene and sanitation.
- Always wash your hands before eating and after defecation. Even if you live in clean environments, this aspect of hygiene should never be ignored.
- Avoid eating from unclean places.
- If you happen to live in or visit a high risk area, have yourself vaccinated for protection against typhoid.
Typhoid Fever Treatment
Typhoid fever is treatable through different medical systems including homeopathy, herbal and allopathic systems. As soon as you feel the symptoms, go for medical examination and have the treatment started promptly, if diagnosed with typhoid. It is much easier to treat typhoid in its early stages but if the treatment is delayed un-necessarily, it might become complicated.
In Pakistan and some other poor countries, lower class does not take typhoid seriously. Initially they treat it as common fever and depend on home remedies etc, which is not a smart option. It is always better to go for proper medical treatment for any type of fever or ailment to prevent complications.
Modern medical system treats typhoid fever through a long course of antibiotics taking several weeks. Homeopathy has many medicines to treat different conditions of typhoid that include Arsenicum Album, Baptisia, Muriaticum Acidum, Rhus Toxicodendron, Hyoscyamus etc. Homeopathic treatment is usually very effective and prompt in treating typhoid fever. Homeopathic remedy selected according to the symptoms does not take too long in curing the typhoid fever completely. We have the experience of successfully treating several cases of Typhoid at our clinic.
- Typhoid Fever Causes and Symptoms
- Typhoid Fever Prevention and Treatment