Hypotension Causes and Treatment
Causes of hypotension
There could be many causes of low blood pressure and associated subnormal body temperature but those commonly found are:
- Temporary hypotension
- Prolonged diarrhea or vomiting causing depletion of various salts from the body
- Loss of vital fluids particularly excessive loss of blood due to any reason other than normal menstruation
- Overwork and lack of rest may cause the blood pressure to drop temporarily
- Persistent hypotension
- Insufficient nutrition due to anorexia or for whatever reason
- Side effects of incorrect and over medication
- Prolonged use of wrong set of dietary items. My observation is that incorrect diet is the most common cause of persistent hypotension. Most of the sufferers are usually not even aware of this cause.
Treatment of Hypotension
It may be observed from the cause(s) that hypotension is not a very complicated or difficult to treat condition but modern medical system does not have medicines that could quickly raise the blood pressure and body temperature. In fact subnormal body temperature does not sound an alarm to them.
At home, the blood pressure can be beneficially raised by using certain herbs and spices of daily use that are already present in the kitchens. Those herbs and spices have definite medicinal value and should therefore, be used with care. One would need to know what to use, how to use and how much to use. In certain conditions, even a teaspoonful of honey can give some relief.
There are homeopathic medicines, which can raise the blood pressure and body temperature in less than 45 minutes but for lasting cure, there is a proper way of treating this condition. Coupled with normal philosophy of taking all the symptoms in to account and treating the person as a whole, dietary habits must also be taken care of. At the clinic, when a case of feelings of general weakness, vertigo or headache is received, the practitioner should preferably check the blood pressure, body temperature and pulse before taking other symptoms. The values of these checks give a good indication of the condition and help in selecting the dose and potency of the medicine.
Hypertension (High blood pressure)
Hypotension (Low blood pressure)
- Hypotension (Low blood pressure): Significance
- Hypotension: Causes and Treatment
Please note that information provided on this website is for general purpose only. It does not constitute a medical advice nor is a replacement for the advice of your doctor. If you need medical treatment or advice, please consult your doctor.