Prevention and Treatment of Asthma
Prevention of Asthma
Asthma is a condition that may not be possible to prevent completely but to a great extent one can reduce the suffering and misery associated with it. Following points may be worth consideration.
- You have to find out what triggers your asthma. As far as possible, avoid the condition that triggers it.
- Avoid food items, which create mucus in excess. The diet must be changed according to the type of asthma. Remember that diet precautions are not the same for all types of asthma.
- If you catch cold and have running nose, do not try to stop the flow too rapidly.
- If you have an allergy that causes irritation of respiratory system, have it treated properly. Do not postpone till tomorrow.
- If you live in cold climate, try to keep your body warm as far as possible.
- If the cause is climatic, see if you can change over to a suitable climate. Most of the times and for most of the people, it may not be possible at all to migrate and live in a different climate but it is a factor that can be considered.
Treatment of Asthma
Asthma is one of those diseases that do not have permanent cure in modern medicine whereas it can actually be cured by various alternative medicines.
There are two types of treatment: those that provide instant but temporary relief and those that gradually cure and prevent further attacks. Modern medical system has good palliative treatment but nothing for permanent cure.
Nebulizers and/or inhalers provide temporary relief. In addition, the sufferer may feel relieved temporarily by one or more of the conditions, which are differ from person to person like triggers. These are motion, sitting up straight, bending forward, sitting up with head bent backward, belching, expectoration, vomiting, defecation, taking a hot drink, or any other condition specific to the individual.
- Allopathic system can manage and palliate the asthmatic condition but has no cure for asthma.
- Herbal treatment can provide very effective and permanent cure of asthma.
- Homeopathy has a number of medicines that can treat various conditions of asthma according to modalities. Asthma can be cured permanently if treatment is planned keeping all the modalities in view. In homeopathy, factors and conditions that aggravate or give relief are called modalities, which vary from individual to individual. This precision makes cure of asthma much easier and mostly successful with lasting cure. Akram Homeopathic Clinic has the experience.
- Acupuncture is also said to be effective for permanent treatment of asthma.